Proximity is hiring a Business Head - who will be looking at Growth, Business Development, Sales, and Marketing. Reporting directly to the CEO, this role will include ownership of growth funnels and end-to-end account management on the business side of things. Proximity solves very niche Performance, Scale, and UX challenges for growth-stage and enterprise companies - and we’re looking for someone who understands the global markets, their unique needs and can be a key contributor to help Proximity fill these niche gaps.
you’ll be responsible for—
- Owning Business Development, Sales and Marketing for a business unit within Proximity Works.
- Pioneering our local and global expansion efforts by acquiring and nurturing niche partners for Proximity end-to-end.
- Networking with niche clientele to understand their needs and representing Proximity and our solutions across geographies.
- Scaling-up our business exponentially by creating and implementing a growth strategy to exploit latent opportunities in a very fast growing market.
- End-to-end growth funnel management for these business partnerships.
- End-to-end account management for all current and future enterprise partners at Proximity.
- Collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to plan and manage business needs vs staffing needs efficiently - after careful data analysis.
- Building long-term relationships with new and existing partners.
- Generating revenues through net new accounts as well as existing customers across enterprise accounts.
- Owning the overall business growth, client relationships and P&L.
- Conducting research to identify new markets and niche client needs.
- Arranging business meetings with prospective partners.
- Strategizing and implementing a pitch that solves the business partners’ niche problems and aligns well with Proximity’s goals.
- Collaborating with the legal team to close the contracts and ensure adherence to law-established rules and guidelines.
- Keeping records of sales, revenue, invoices etc.
- Ensuring invoices are generated and cleared on a timely basis and as per regulations.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering or operations; advanced degree preferred.
- 8+ years of having worked with scale preferably in a tech, product or design startup.
- To have a strong track record of delivering value to enhance operational efficiency using technology and consulting.
- First-principles thinking.
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people internally and externally across levels.
- Superlative verbal and written communication skills.
bonus points for—
- Having worked as an engineer in hyper-growth companies.
- Having scaled business teams at a global level.
- Running a startup of your own, or having consulting experience with a focus on business development, sales or growth.
- Being someone who is a natural communicator and can understand how to strategically expand Proximity's network to help establish a global footprint.
- Being a hustler who is driven and passionate about reimagining norms and building global networks for Proximity.
what you get—
We are Proximity — a global team of coders, designers, product managers, geeks, and experts. We solve complex problems and build cutting edge tech, at scale. Our team of Proxonauts is growing quickly, which means your impact on the company’s success will be huge. You’ll have the chance to work with experienced leaders who have built and led multiple tech, product and design teams. Here’s a quick guide to getting to know us better: