We are looking for an IT Specialist to oversee our company’s hardware, software and computer networks. The responsibilities include monitoring network infrastructure and resolving system issues. You need to have experience with IT performance management, network administration and system security. If you’re also familiar with data protection regulations and able to juggle multiple projects, we’d like to meet you. Ultimately, you’ll ensure our IT systems are secure, consistent and reliable.
- BSc in Computer Science, IT or relevant field
you’ll be responsible for—
- Managing organization-wide tools (eg - User onboarding and offboarding, User management)
- Maintaining and optimizing local company networks and servers
- Device and password management
- Overseeing data backup and system security operations (e.g. user authorization, firewalls)
- Managing installations, upgrades and configurations of hardware and software
- Assessing system performance and recommend improvements
- Ensuring data is handled, transferred or processed according to legal and company guidelines
- Providing support and guidance to stakeholders via help desk
- Controlling costs and budgets regarding IT systems
- Managing contracts with vendors (e.g. development platforms, telecommunication companies, password managers) and software licenses
- Developing IT policies and practices
- Proven experience as an IT Specialist for 4-6 years
- Experience with system installation, configuration and analysis
- Thorough knowledge of networks and cloud computing
- Knowledge of data protection operations and legislation (e.g. GDPR)
- Leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Outstanding communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
bonus points for—
what you get—
- Flexible timings: Set your own hours, and create a productive schedule that works for you.
- Best in class salary: We hire only the best, and we pay accordingly.
- Proximity Talks: Meet other designers, engineers, and product geeks — and learn from experts in the field.
- Keep on learning with a world-class team: Work with the best in the field, challenge yourself constantly, and learn something new every day.
We are Proximity — a global team of coders, designers, product managers, geeks, and experts. We solve complex problems and build cutting edge tech, at scale. Our team of Proxonauts is growing quickly, which means your impact on the company’s success will be huge. You’ll have the chance to work with experienced leaders who have built and led multiple tech, product and design teams. Here’s a quick guide to getting to know us better: