Lead Android Engineer
We are looking for a Lead Android Engineer, with a keen eye for design and great UX sensibilities. You will be responsible for the development of new software products (internal) and solving complex technical challenges for scale-ups and enterprise companies. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
you’ll be responsible for—
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance and maintainable code
- Solving complex technical problems
- Leading a team of proficient engineers
- Performing an objective analysis of the problem statement and coming up with an unbiased technical solution before writing a single line of code
- Coordinating cross-functionally to ensure that projects meet business objectives and compliance standards
- Participating in and driving code reviews
- 8+ years of relevant work experience. Must have a degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience leading and grooming other developers and managing their performance
- Excellent attention to detail
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise in building production-grade and high-performance applications
- To be a self-starter who can work well with minimal-to-no guidance in a fluid environment
- To be excited by challenges surrounding the development of highly scalable and distributed systems
- To have the agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements, scope, and priorities
- Experience with MVP/MVVM/Clean Architecture
- To have worked on Design Patterns in Java
- To be aware of the latest Kotlin Concepts
- To have worked on Networking, Room Db, Dependency Injection
- To have worked with RxJava/Coroutines + Flow
- Object-oriented software development experience
- Experience building Android applications in Java/Kotlin using Android SDK
- Strong focus on building high-quality mobile UI experiences
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques
- Experience with multithreading programming and mobile memory management
- Experience with open source libraries like Retrofit, RxJava, Dagger 2, Lottie, OkHttp
bonus points for—
- Open-source contributions, side-projects, blog posts, and YT tech videos
- Experience in Glide/Picasso
- Experience in Unit Test, Jetpack Compose
- Experience in DataBinding/ViewBinding
- Improving Performance of an application
- Experience with Firebase libraries
- Experience creating a library
what you get—
- 100% remote team: Work from anywhere you please.
- Flexible timings: Set your own hours, and create a productive schedule that works for you.
- Best in class salary: We hire only the best, and we pay accordingly.
- Proximity Talks: Meet other designers, engineers, and product geeks — and learn from experts in the field.
- Keep on learning with a world-class team: Work with the best in the field, challenge yourself constantly, and learn something new every day.
We are Proximity — a global team of coders, designers, product managers, geeks, and experts. We solve complex problems and build cutting edge tech, at scale. Our team of Proxonauts is growing quickly, which means your impact on the company’s success will be huge. You’ll have the chance to work with experienced leaders who have built and led multiple tech, product and design teams. Here’s a quick guide to getting to know us better: