Lead iOS Engineer
We are looking for a Lead iOS Engineer with a keen eye for great design & UX. You will be responsible for the development of new software products (internal), managing a high-performance team and solving complex technical challenges for scale-ups and enterprise companies. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
you’ll be responsible for—
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance and maintainable code.
- Solving complex technical problems.
- Leading a team of proficient engineers.
- Performing an objective analysis of the problem statement and coming up with an unbiased technical solution before writing a single line of code.
- Coordinating cross-functionally to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards.
- Participating in and driving code reviews.
- 8+ years of relevant work experience. Must have a degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading and grooming other developers and managing their performance.
- Demonstrated expertise in building production-grade and high-performance applications.
- To be a self-starter who can work well with minimal-to-no guidance in a fluid environment.
- To be excited by challenges surrounding the development of highly scalable & distributed systems.
- Experience with background tasks and background processing for mobile applications.
- Agility and ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of iOS app's architecture and implementation (MVVM, Coordinator, VIPER, etc.) with proficiency in Swift programming, Objective-C, Cocoa, Xcode, and the iOS SDK.
- Strong focus on high-quality mobile UI experiences.
- Experience with TDD.
- Experience with xcodebuild and CI/CD (Fastlane, AppCenter, etc.).
- Experience building maintainable and testable code bases, including API design and unit testing techniques.
- Knowledge of memory management, threading and concurrent programming methods as applied within the iOS context.
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, and Core Graphics and libraries like SDWebImage.
- Strong command over the technology ecosystem with the ability to learn and ramp up on the latest trends.
- Experience with memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
- Working knowledge in version control like git, SVN.
bonus points for—
- Experience in SwiftUI and Combine framework.
- Open-source contributions, side-projects, blog posts, and YT tech videos.
what you get—
- 100% remote team: Work from anywhere you please.
- Flexible timings: Set your own hours, and create a productive schedule that works for you.
- Best in class salary: We hire only the best, and we pay accordingly.
- Proximity Talks: Meet other designers, engineers, and product geeks — and learn from experts in the field.
- Keep on learning with a world-class team: Work with the best in the field, challenge yourself constantly, and learn something new every day.
We are Proximity — a global team of coders, designers, product managers, geeks, and experts. We solve complex problems and build cutting edge tech, at scale. Our team of Proxonauts is growing quickly, which means your impact on the company’s success will be huge. You’ll have the chance to work with experienced leaders who have built and led multiple tech, product and design teams. Here’s a quick guide to getting to know us better: