Sr. BackEnd Engineer - Golang
We are looking for Sr. BackEnd Engineers who can hack around multiple technologies and build highly scalable, low latency, distributed systems with RESTful services. You will be responsible for the development of new software products (internal) and solving complex technical challenges for scale-ups and enterprise companies. You should excel in working with large-scale applications and frameworks and have outstanding communication and leadership skills.
you’ll be responsible for—
- Writing clean, high-quality, high-performance and maintainable code.
- Solving complex technical problems.
- Performing an objective analysis of the problem statement and coming up with an unbiased technical solution before writing a single line of code.
- Coordinating cross-functionally to ensure the project meets business objectives and compliance standards.
- Participating in and driving code reviews.
- Building robust, secure and scalable microservices.
- Implementing RESTful services with a metric-driven API Gateway.
- Ensuring sub-second server response and will be responsible to implement relational, document, key, object or graph data-stores, index stores and messaging stores as needed.
- Track defects and works with business owners and users to triage bugs and manage a backlog.
- Taking ownership to run and maintain Cloud infrastructure.
- Evaluating relevant technologies, influence and drive architecture and design discussions.
- 2+ years of experience in software development with strong expertise in Golang.
- Overall 4+ years of experience in software development with a strong base in Golang/Java/Python.
- Experience with micro web frameworks – like Springboot, Gin/Mux.
- Experience in working with microservice architectures, Transactional systems, and Distributed environments.
- Exposure in building RESTful APIs with monitoring, fault tolerance and metrics (with something like Hystrix).
- Experience with MySQL, NoSql (Cassandra, Redis, DynamoDB).
- Experience in server-side services using ElasticSearch and ESB - Camel, ActiveMQ.
- Experience with AWS stack.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- To have mentored a team of 2-3 engineers.
- To be a self-starter who can work well with minimal-to-no guidance in a fluid environment.
- To be excited by challenges surrounding the development of highly scalable & distributed systems.
- To be agile and able to adapt quickly to changing requirements and scope and priorities.
- To be experienced in working on massively large scale data systems in production environments.
bonus points for—
- 2+ years of actively working on Golang.
- Open-source contributions, side-projects, blog posts and YT tech videos.
what you get—
- 100% remote team: Work from anywhere you please.
- Flexible timings: Set your own hours, and create a productive schedule that works for you.
- Best in class salary: We hire only the best, and we pay accordingly.
- Proximity Talks: Meet other designers, engineers, and product geeks — and learn from experts in the field.
- Keep on learning with a world-class team: Work with the best in the field, challenge yourself constantly, and learn something new every day.
We are Proximity — a global team of coders, designers, product managers, geeks, and experts. We solve complex problems and build cutting edge tech, at scale. Our team of Proxonauts is growing quickly, which means your impact on the company’s success will be huge. You’ll have the chance to work with experienced leaders who have built and led multiple tech, product and design teams. Here’s a quick guide to getting to know us better: